Potty Mouth

*This Post is rated D for disgusting!
So lately, the word “poop” has gained a lot of popularity in this house. It is driving me nuts. My kids talk about it; they sing about it. Heck, Bubby wrote a story about it with pictures! I will say, however, I was quite impressed with his correct conjugation of it as a verb. However, it is really disgusting. What am I to do with my potty mouths?
Ok, so my son is seven, and well he is a boy. The usage of disgustingness really comes as no surprise. However, Sissy Girl is four and is on the fast track to being more foul than her brother. Yesterday I heard her singing. She changed the words to the song “I believe I can fly” to “I believe I can poop.” I will not go any further with the lyrics. Suffice it to say, it is just gross. I was actually surprised that her brother drew the line at her singing when she changed the words to his favorite Beyonce song. (Actually all of them are his favorites. He loves Beyonce, but that is a story for another day.)
What is about kids and their obsession with bodily functions? I just don’t get it. I am frustrated and disgusted. I am trying not to let it show too much for fear that it will get worse because they know it annoys me. Anyone else out there with gross children? Or am I the only one?

10 Comments

10 Comments

1. LeeAnn
    September 27, 2010 at 12:32 am

Yeah, our daughters definitely sound alike. LOL Mine is obsessed with poop too. She’ll say…”You stink…you smell like poop!” Really?!?!? She thinks farts are funny too. Oh, and she likes bugs, lizards, etc. I told my husband that he has a SON now, let me have my little girl back! 🙂
    I hope you had a great weekend!

• bearhaven
      September 27, 2010 at 1:13 am

lol. too funny! My son is the oldest, and yet she is the grossest. She loves princesses too, so her nickname is Smellerella.

2. Mary
    September 27, 2010 at 1:07 am

I know this is frustrating for you but it’s something you will laugh at one day!
    Returning the follow from To Spend Or Save

• bearhaven
      September 27, 2010 at 1:15 am

I think the frustration is that before I had children, I thought I would have the sweet well-mannered children. I must say though that they seem to keep their potty mouths at home when they are with others which is good.

3. Colleen
    September 27, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Gotta love those kids. Mine like to use the word “fart” and point out if anyone did LOL!

• bearhaven
      September 27, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Ach! I hate that word. My kids actually will not use it because they know that I have a serious pet peeve. I don’t know why, but I just do. However, they do think they are funny. My daughter, however, will do it and then blame her imaginary friend, Sleeping Beauty.

4. Heather
    September 27, 2010 at 5:10 pm

I think husbands are secretly behind this obsession too and I’m sure when my son gets older, he will be a contributor to my son’s disgusting antics. I know he will! 😉 But it is kinda funny huh? 😉 LOL!

• bearhaven
      September 27, 2010 at 5:36 pm

I think husbands definitely are. It is a conspiracy to drive us batty:) Grandpas don’t help matters any either:)

5. Heather
    September 27, 2010 at 5:10 pm

P.S. Thank you so much for displaying my button in your sidebar! 🙂

• bearhaven