Okay, so in honor of Mother’s Day, I thought I would do a 7 things Mother’s Day edition. Since one of my niece’s Facebook posts just reminded me of some of the not so great things, I thought I would post the good and the bad. I mean this as a totally light-hearted post. I absolutely love my babies and am very proud to be a mother. So here are the 7 things bad and good!
7 Things that Sometimes stink about being a Mom:
1. The Amazing Puking Baby: My daughter had acid reflux when she was a baby, and I think for the first several months I probably smelled like baby vomit. Luckily, I found some great stain remover so that my clothes, her clothes, the furniture, the car seat, the car, and other things were not ruined.
2. Stretch Marks. I got the creams and all that, but they are still there. I know, it is superficial, but it does bother me every now and then.
3. Exploding Diapers. Ok, so I think this one is a little worse than puking baby. It is just gross and stinks, and somehow I always got stuck cleaning it up.
4. Colic. Not fun. I hated seeing my baby in pain and not being able to make it better. It stunk.
5. Lack of sleep. I had one colicky baby and one with acid reflux. Sleep was not a happening thing when they were babies.
6. Not being able to take all the hurt away when one of my children gets hurt by words or deeds of another child. The first time Bubby had a falling out with a friend, I felt so bad because I couldn’t make it disappear.
7. Being the Mean Mama. It was one of the first things Bubby ever said. I think I get called it once a week. What can I say? I guess I am just no fun 😦
It is not all bad though. Here are just 7 of the things that rock about being a mom:
1. Unlimited Hugs. I absolutely love when those little arms wrap themselves around me and squeeze me so tight. It is the best feeling in the world!
2. I may have stretch marks, but in my daughter’s eyes, I am the most beautiful woman in the world. It is awesome.
3. Getting to watch two little people figure out their world and being able to help.
4. Sticky kisses and whispered “I love you’s.”
5. Even though my kids might say all sorts of nasty things when they are mad, all is forgotten in about 5 minutes. No grudges. I wish some adults were like that.
6. Getting to be there with two little someones for all of their first moments and being just as excited as they are.
7. Watching cartoons and playing with toys. Sometimes it is just nice to be one of the kids!
I could go on and on about what I love. I love being a mom. It might be crazy. Sometimes I want to cry or pull the hair from my head, but I would do it all again in a heartbeat. My kiddos are really something special. Happy Mother’s Day to all of you Mothers and Grandmothers! Hope you have a great day!