It occurred to me the other day that a lot of what I have been experiencing lately is very familiar to childhood. I think I may have regressed somehow to toddlerhood while being pregnant. Here are 5 things off the top of my head of ways that pregnancy feels like being a toddler.
1. Sudden cravings for foods that you probably haven’t eaten since childhood, at least not intentionally. I have this thing for juice boxes and snack packs. I take juice boxes to bed with me. It’s a bit obsessive.
2. Everything is yucky. From 1st trimester nausea to 2nd and 3rd trimester aversions, I have a long list of foods I will not eat….and you can’t make me!
3. Pooping in the potty is cause for celebration. Gotta love pregnancy constipation.
4. Nap time is a daily ritual. Seriously, if I don’t have one, I probably sound like a cranky toddler.
5. Meltdowns that seem completely irrational to everyone else, but make perfect sense to a pregnant woman…or possibly a toddler.
How many of these did you experience while pregnant? Can you add any to the list? As always, feel free to follow me on Facebook for more discussion, funny pictures, and other fun stuff!