Over the last week, we have all seen the devastation Hurricane Harvey left in its wake on the news and social media. I know many of us want to help, and while you might be familiar with some of the more mainstream ways to donate, I have compiled a list of some other ways you can donate or help thanks to the power of crowdsourcing amongst my Facebook friends! If you know of any others, please feel free to add them to the comments below!
- Mennonite Disaster Service: While they are unable to accept material donations at this time, they are accepting donations and also have a link if you are interested in volunteering.
- Samaritan’s Purse: Samaritan’s Purse has disaster units there. You can follow the link to donate, learn more, and sign up to volunteer.
- Undies for Everyone: Want to provide a specific donation but don’t know where to start? Undies for Everyone is accepting donations for underwear for those that have lost everything. You can purchase by going through the Amazon link or learn more on their Facebook page.
- Texas Diaper Bank: Diapers are also something needed. Learn more how you can donate by visiting the link.
- LDS Philanthropies: The LDS church also is mobilizing their relief efforts. To learn more, please visit their website.
- Junior League of New Orleans: The Junior League of New Orleans has been busy mobilizing a diaper bank. They also have been asking for baby wipes, diaper cream, and feminine hygiene products. To see the full list and purchase via Amazon, please click here.
- Church of the Highlands: This listing was sent by a friend who has a friend in the church. They are on the ground in the Houston area and have been, coordinating with other churches in the area to provide help. 100% of donation goes to the effort, nothing towards overhead.