Let’s Go to The Ohio State Fair: What to See and Do
One of my favorite parts of summer growing up was fair time. My first Ohio State Fair experience happened when I was an adolescent in 4-H. I placed first with my clothing project and got to represent my county at the State level. That is why I jumped at the opportunity to show my kids how much fun the state fair is.
What to Do?
The Ohio State Fair runs this year from July 24-August 4. It includes exhibits, rides, food, entertainment and more! My kids want to eat fair food until they can’t eat anymore, ride amusement rides, and see the animals.
However, there is a lot more than just that to do at the fair. Some of the other options include:
- Budweiser Clydesdales
- All Ohio-State Fair Band and Youth Choir
- A Butterfly House
- A Railroad Exhibit
- Flippin- An Aerial and Acrobatic Spectacular
- Human Canonball Crusaders
- Natural Resources Park
- A Petting Zoo
- A Parade
- and much, much more!
Tickets prices are as follows:
- $10 – Adults 13-59
- $8 – Seniors 60+
- $8 – Children 6-12
- Free – Children 5 and under
- $6 – Advance sale admission tickets
Ride tickets are:
- $25 – Ride-All-Day Wristband Vouchers (exchanged for a wristband at the Fair)*
- $20 – Advanced Sale Ride-All-Day Wristband Vouchers (available through July 23 only)*
- $1 tickets – Fairgoers can buy individual ride tickets for $1 each. All rides require 2 or more tickets.
And parking is $5.00 per vehicle. For more information, please visit the Ohio State Fair Website.
You can also find the Ohio State Fair on social media:
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/
- Twitter – www.twitter.com/
- Instagram – www.instagram.com/
- Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/
- YouTube – www.youtube.com/
Creating Summer Memories
For us, going to the fair will be all about creating summer memories. This will be Miss Crankles’ first fair experience. I am hoping to attend the fair on July 31, which is the sensory friendly day to give her the best experience we can.
What is your favorite part of the fair?