Want a great way to get to know some of your child’s new classmates? Why not throw a Back to School Party! It’s a great way to get everyone together, and it is a nice way for the children to get to know each other!
For invitations, I found some free printable invitations from Hoover Web Design like the one below:
Starting with the free apple template found here, copy the template to cardstock and use them for decorating. Some ideas include: writing the children’s names on them and coloring them. You could also make a nice banner with them by cutting out the apple, punching a hole on both sides of the apple, and then string them together with green ribbon or string.
To give it a school spirit type of flair, use school colors for your tablecloths, tableware, streamers, and balloons. As for the centerpiece, try using this really cute Milk Carton Schoolbus from Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas.
Games and Activities:
- Make a Back To School Time Capsule like this one found through Family Fun.
- Decorate your own Pencil Cases. Find some inexpensive pencil cases at your local dollar store and load up on stickers and other decorations from your local craft store. The kids will have fun decorating them, and you can use them as favor boxes as well by sticking a few pencils, erasers, and other supplies in them for the children to take home.
- Bookmark Craft like the one found here on Amazing Moms.
- “Teacher Says” Game. It is just like “Simon Says,” only substitute the word “teacher.”
- Four Square. If you have a party outdoors, this is a great playground style game.
- Bobbing For Apples. It’s Fall, and apples are in season!
- Duck Duck Goose Game
Apple slices and cheese squares are simple and healthy. If you are doing this as a lunch, you could do a brown bag meal. Create a brown bag lunch for each child with a sandwich, juice box, and a treat. Label the bags with each child’s name. It also makes a nice idea as an alternative to place cards.
For a dessert, I found this cute Pencil Cookie Recipe on Top Party Ideas.
If you chose to do the Pencil Case idea, you can fill it with a few school supplies as a party favor. You could also fill brown bags with healthy treats for lunches or school supplies.
I hope that you have found this helpful in planning your Back to School Bash. If you have any additional ideas or wish to share how your party went, I would love to hear about it!