If you are planning a Summer Birthday Party or are in the mood for some warm, tropical fun, this is a great party to try! You don’t have to use our Stuffable Flamingos, but they are a lot of fun!!! We also have great invitations for a Luau as well!
Grass skirts, paper lanterns, brightly colored streamers are a great start. You could try using beige and green streamers to create a tiki hut or check out your local party supply store to see what they have. You can also use fishing nets, plastic yard flamingos, and anything hibiscus. Make sure you have leis for each guest. You could also have them create their own using the simple paper leis craft found here.
For centerpieces, you could try using pineapples and coconuts and fake or handmade palm branches. If you can’t find fake palm branches, you could try cutting out your own with a template like the one found here. Arrange a few of your palm branches and place a pineapple or coconut in the center.
For a kids party, Hawaiian Pizza is a fun one to try. Pineapple cups are another tasty treat. You could also do tropical smoothies or punch.
- Pin the Coconut on the Palm Tree – Draw a large Palm Tree and make coconut cut-outs to use in this version of Pin the Tail on the Donkey.
- Limbo – You could buy a kit or you could make your own using empty cardboard rolls from gift wrap. Attach two together with duct tape and then decorate with tropical wrapping paper or by wrapping streamers around the rolls.
- Beach Combing – Fill a sandbox with shells and treasures and let the kids find them.
- Musical Islands. Make cardboard islands to represent chairs in this version of Musical Chairs.
- Create your Own Ugly Hawaiian Shirt Contest – Have the kids draw their own ugly Hawaiian shirts using the following template and judge the ugliest design
Stuffable Plush Flamingo Party Kit: Our Stuff a Plush kits provide two activities and double as a party favor. They contain the stuffing, birth certificates, and a take home bag that the kids get to decorate.
Sand Art: Sand Art is another fun activity that children of all ages can enjoy.
Paper Leis Craft: I found this one through about.com.
Cake: There are a lot of different things you can do, but my favorite is really cool and very simple too! Try a pineapple upside down cake. It is easy and pretty yummy.
So there you have it. If you have done a luau of your own, please share your experiences, and if you try this party, please tell me what you think!
Categories: Children's Parties