How to make slime using Cornstarch

My son has been asking me lately if we could make slime. So I thought I would post an easy slime recipe using Cornstarch since Borax can aggravate some people’s skin, especially among children.

slime with cornstarch

Ingredients:

1 Cup Cornstarch

1/2 Cup Water

1 Bowl

1 resealable bag

Glitter for color (optional)

Directions:

Pour Cornstarch into a bowl. Add water slowly while mixing the ingredients with your hands. Add color (optional). Transfer slime in a resealable bag. Store slime in the refrigerator. You may need to mix it each time before using.

*Also remember that you cannot dump slime down the drain because it can clog your drain.

33 thoughts on “How to make slime using Cornstarch

1. Jeanette says:

This is a great recipe – I had never made slime before as my recipe calls for Borax as well and it just never seemed mild enough for us. Thanks so much for sharing!

2. Lila says:

My son has very sensitive skin and he is allergic to an ingredient in borox. This recipe is better than any other and it does not irrtate his skin. Thanks!!! πŸ™‚

3. Fel says:

This unfortunately is more “goo” than slime and is definitely not a replacement. Tried and was very disappointed. Maybe still acceptable for young kids.

4. Kawehi says:

When I followed the instructions it disolved and looked like milk so I put it in the fridge will it turn into slime then or is it good now

5. Misfit Mama Bear Haven says:

It may not all have the same consistency. I haven’t made this in a while because the older kids are too cool now…or so they think. It did work well for us when they younger because my daughter could not use a lot of the other recipes because of her skin allergy

• Amy says:

Thanks I have been looking for an easy project for my kidsπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜ŒπŸ˜πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž

6. Isabela says:

Great job!! You made a lot of people happy, thanks. Every time I made slime, it would never work or I would run out of an ingredient by making too much slime. (Lol) Thus is wonderful

Join in the Discussion

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s